Bathroom Cleaning Tips
4 ways to remove mildew from shower curtain
1.To remove mildew from a shower curtain, rub baking soda on the entire shower
curtain, then put in the washer.
2. Rub lemon juice over the mildew stains, add non-iodized salt and let it dry in the sun, then wash.
3. Soak the curtain in a solution of chlorine-based bleach then scrub the mildew with a brush. Rinse well.
4. Make a paste with baking soda, rub directly on mildew stains rinse thoroughly.
Brighten up a porcelain bath which has yellowed by rubbing with a solution of salt and turpentine
Glass shower doors
Clean shower doors and screens with a sponge dipped in white vinegar.
Clean scum from plastic shower curtain with ½ cup of bleach diluted in 1.5 gallons of water.
-Use vinegar with an equal amount of water or make a paste of baking soda, apply to grout with a toothbrush and scrub.
-Brighten grout by squeezing denture cream onto a wet toothbrush scrub the grout rinse well.
-To whiten grout, apply white shoe cleaner over stains and wipe off( use on white grout only)
To freshen a drain pour 1.4 t o1/2 box of baking soda down the drain add ½ cup of white vinegar. Let it sit a few minutes, then flush with cold water.
Dripping shower head
A blocked shower head needs to be removed and washed out with hot water and dish soap. Then use a piece of wire to clean out holes.
Prevent mildew on shower curtains by soaking in salt water before hanging.
Reduce bathroom odors by placing an opened box of baking soda behind the toilet.
Hair dye stains
Remove hair dye stains on countertops and sinks with a mixture of peroxide and cream tartar. Make a paste cover the stain and allow too dry. Wipe clean.
3 ways to remove Bathtub stains
1. Rub stain with a cut lemon and salt,
2. For bad stains, make paste of cream tartar and hydrogen peroxide, apply to stain, then leave for two hours, wipe clean.
3. Blue/green stains can be caused by copper pipes. Use vinegar (full strength) rub with damp cloth. Repeat several times to remove stains.